1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves1/3 cup olive oil1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauceJuice of 1 orangeJuice of 1 lime4 cloves garlic, minced1 jalapeno, seeded and diced1 teaspoon ground cumin
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- In a medium bowl, combine cilantro, olive oil, soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and 1 teaspoon pepper; set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine steak and remaining cilantro mixture; marinate for at least 4 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the steak from the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Using paper towels, pat both sides of the steak dry; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add steak to grill, and cook, flipping once, until desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve with reserved 1/2 cup cilantro mixture.